Skip to content

Motorcycle Accidents

519-679-96608:00-5:00, Monday-Friday
Contact Us

Motorcycle Accident Lawyers

Riding on a motorcycle can be exhilarating and freeing. But it can also be risky. Motorcyclists don’t have the protection of a vehicle frame around them in the case of an accident, making them more vulnerable to injuries. If you or someone you love has been injured while motorcycling (or by a motorcycle), you need the right team of medical and legal professionals on your side.

Harrison Pensa’s motorcycle accident lawyers can help you and your family cope with the loss and recovery involved in these types of accidents. Ontario allows you to receive accident benefits, statutory accident benefits payable by your insurer, and you can also sue the at-fault driver. You may also be eligible for compensation for medical expenses, lost income, and other financial losses. Let our legal team examine your case—because we don’t want you to settle for less.

Helping Ontarians injured in a motorcycle crash:

  • High speeds
  • Distracted driving
  • Left-turning vehicles
  • Vehicles changing lanes
  • Lane splitting
  • Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
  • Failure to obey traffic signs and signals

Frequently Asked Questions

After filing a police report and getting proper medical treatment, you should contact your insurance company and let them know about your accident and injuries. You may be entitled to certain accident benefits from your insurance company. Make sure to contact them within seven days after the accident. Even if you receive accident benefits, you may want/need to file a personal injury tort claim against the at-fault driver to cover your losses. You may have up to two years after the date of your accident to file this type of claim, but we encourage you to contact a lawyer as soon as possible.

Those injured in a motorcycle accident can file both accident benefits claims or a tort claim. A benefits claim is filed with your own automobile insurer or, if you do not have automobile insurance, then it is filed with the insurer for the driver of the motorcycle involved. A tort claim is a lawsuit filed against the person who caused the accident. Those who file a tort claim can request damages for medical expenses, as well as compensation for physical and psychological injuries. Those hurt in an accident can claim compensation for pain and suffering, loss of income, and rehabilitation expenses, as well as housekeeping and home maintenance expenses.

Drivers can be found negligent in a motorcycle accident for a variety of reasons, such as if they were intoxicated, driving too fast, were distracted, or failed to obey traffic sign, signals or the rules of the road.

If available, your lawyer will need information such as police reports, medical reports detailing the injuries you (and your passenger) suffered, photos of the crash scene and vehicle damage, and the names and insurance contact information of all the parties involved.

Seek compensation for your motorcycle injury.