Skip to content

Car Accidents

519-679-96608:00-5:00, Monday-Friday
Contact Us

Why seek a lawyer after a motor vehicle accident

The mental and physical trauma after a motor vehicle accident makes it difficult to document the most accurate details and investigate the circumstances of the car accident on your own as soon as possible.

For 60 years, Harrison Pensa motor vehicle accident lawyers have assisted clients to investigate and document crash details, navigate a complex auto insurance system, and help them obtain fair compensation for damages and appropriate accident benefits. We can do the same for you and your loved ones.

Car accident compensation

The at-fault driver’s insurer may be responsible for compensating you for damages including:

  • Pain and suffering
  • Loss of income
  • Loss of the ability to perform household responsibilities
  • Expenses for your care
  • Medical and rehabilitation costs

Importance of prompt legal action after a car accident

It’s important to obtain legal assistance as early as possible after a motor vehicle accident. Ontario Insurance Act requires you to serve written notice within 120 days of the car accident to notify the at-fault driver of your intention to pursue a claim.

A car accident can happen in a split second, caused by dangerous roads, distracted driving, impaired driving, speeding, and other conditions and behaviours on the road. It can be life changing.

Have you or someone you love been injured in a car accident? Do you know your rights?

Ontario’s no-fault insurance system entitles you to certain benefits from your insurance provider. In cases where the injuries are serious and permanent, Harrison Pensa’s personal injury lawyers want to work with you to determine if you have the right to seek damages from the at-fault driver.

Frequently Asked Questions

If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident or you have suffered a loss of property you should seek medical attention. You must report your accident to your insurance company within seven days of the accident. You may be entitled to certain accident benefits from your insurance company. Even after receiving accident benefits you may need to file a personal injury tort claim against the at-fault driver to cover your losses.

Those who have been injured in a car accident or have lost a loved one as a result of a crash may have only two years from the date of their accident to start a tort claim for their losses.

No, you can make an accident benefits claim for injuries suffered in a car accident regardless of fault. Drivers, passengers and even pedestrians who have been injured as a result of an accident can make a claim.

If available, your lawyer will need information such as police reports of the collision, medical reports detailing the injuries you and those in the vehicle with you suffered, photos of the crash scene and vehicle damage, and the names and insurance contact information of all the parties involved.