Mentors of promising legal talent
Designed with future lawyers in mind, Harrison Pensa’s summer law student program connects up-and-coming legal talent with seasoned professionals who make themselves available to provide mentorship. Summer students receive valuable exposure to a wide range of practice areas within Harrison Pensa’s business and litigation groups.
Harrison Pensa usually hires four to eight summer students for 14 weeks from May through August.
Providing real-world experience to law students:
- Attend courtroom proceedings
- Meet directly with clients and assist with intake
- Handle Small Claims Court files and judgment debtor examinations
- Help conduct examinations for discovery and mediations
- Participate in real estate closings
- And more
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, January 22, 2024
CALL DAY: Thursday, February 1, 2024 starting at 8:00 AM
INTERVIEWS: Monday, February 12, 2024 at 8:00 AM to Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 5:00 PM
OFFERS: Thursday, February 15, 2024 at 8:00 AM
Harrison Pensa hires four to eight students during the Summer Law Student application process based on guidelines established by the Law Society of Ontario. Students applying for positions in Summer 2024 should include the following:
- Covering letter
- Copy of your undergraduate transcript and your law school transcript to date, as well as your graduate transcript, if applicable. (If the timing of release of marks at your law school is such that your transcript will not reflect your most recent grades, please feel free to provide an unofficial record about those grades that is available from your law school
- List of the law school courses in which you are enrolled, or in which you anticipate enrolling, in your third year.
- Reference letters are not required but are welcome.
Summer Law Students receive a weekly salary of $700.
Each student receives one-on-one onboarding with a Learning and Development Coordinator to become familiar with our IT systems, training to use legal research software, and access to Middlesex Law Association and Western Law libraries. HP University is a series of sessions to introduce students to different practice areas, what to expect during discoveries, and other topics.
Harrison Pensa gives students and lawyers a competitive advantage with advanced technology for legal research and workflow management. We maintain high standards for data security training and operational excellence as part of our commitment to the security and privacy of sensitive data.
Throughout the year, we host social events, celebrations in our spacious mezzanine-level lunchroom, professional development and networking opportunities, and a listening ear when students propose initiatives that they’d like to offer. Join sports groups or get involved in community service. Well-being is a priority with access to a Multi Faith Prayer and Contemplation Room, and open invitations to weekly informal gatherings to catch up and unwind.