Harrison Pensa is hiring an experienced Law Clerk to join our Integrated Recovery Services Group. The Law Clerk is a self-driven and reliable team member who will be responsible for focusing on high-volume unsecured commercial and consumer debt recovery. This is a permanent, full-time position.
- Communicate with clients and external parties, regarding ongoing file management;
- Prepare settlement documents, motion records, factums, affidavits, affidavit of documents, and other court documents according to instruction or precedents;
- Prepare applications and portfolios in collaboration with the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Group;
- Ensure documents associated with files are scanned into the File Management Systems, in accordance with the protocols and policies;
- Ensure daily Bring Forwards are completed in accordance with the work plan guidelines;
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary Law Clerk Diploma;
- 2-4 years of previous Law Clerk experience;
- Experience with managing litigation portfolios;
- Ability to negotiate settlements as well as draft Small Claims Court and Superior Court documents;
- Organizational, attention to detail, and time-management skills;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Courteous, client-focused, and professional attitude;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both orally and written;
- Ability to work as a team player as well as independently;
- Knowledge of Enterprise Elite software would be considered an asset.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service for our clients and fostering a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation, and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada, and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has an attractive cost of living, easy commutes, and a variety of entertainment and shopping — all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply. We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.