Harrison Pensa is hiring a permanent, full-time Insurance Services Law Clerk who will be responsible for providing legal support to our Insurance Defence and Subrogation Practice Group. We are seeking a candidate who is a team player and can adapt in a changing environment, is highly organized with attention to detail, and enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-volume practice.
- Prepare legal documents and correspondence within timelines set by the lawyer(s) or applicable court dates;
- Review, analyze, and summarize legal documents;
- Communicate with clients and external parties, regarding initial intake or ongoing file management;
- Assist other lawyers and staff within the practice group as required;
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary Law Clerk Diploma or related discipline;
- 1 – 3 years of previous Law Clerk and/or Legal Assistant experience;
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail, and time-management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adjusts to changing priorities, and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to work as a team player and independently;
- Efficient self-starter and quick learner;
- Courteous, client-focused, and professional attitude;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Legal Industry Software.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has an attractive cost of living, easy commutes, and a variety of entertainment and shopping — all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply. We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.