Harrison Pensa is hiring an Intermediate Accounting Clerk to join our Accounting Team. Our ideal candidate is a detail-oriented team player who has exceptional client service skills and a strong focus on accuracy.
- Manage Accounts Receivable;
- Communicate respectfully with clients of Harrison Pensa to coordinate payment, receive payment or follow up on overdue accounts;
- Communicate effectively with lawyers on their accounts receivable and action requests on these particular accounts;
- Process client disbursements and vendor invoices accurately;
- Process and reconcile credit card payments;
- Generate comprehensive monthly reports including client trust ledgers, and aged AR reports for lawyers;
- Other duties as required.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in accounting or related discipline;
- 3-5 years of experience in an accounting environment;
- Ability to act as a backup to others in Accounting Department;
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Problem solver who can identify new and efficient ways to complete tasks;
- Organized and excels as part of a team environment;
- Adaptable to changing responsibilities and duties.
Experience working in a professional services environment is considered an asset.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service for our clients and foster a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has an attractive cost of living, easy commutes, and a variety of entertainment and shopping — all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply. We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.