Harrison Pensa is hiring a highly organized and detail-oriented candidate to join our team as a Law Clerk with a focus on Financial Services and Commercial Real Estate.
Commercial Real Estate Law Clerk Key Responsibilities
- Organize and prepare all transactional documentation related to mortgages, purchases, sales, and refinances, including agreements of purchase and sale;
- Request and complete necessary searches and registrations;
- Liaise with clients, lenders, brokers, financial institutions, real estate agents, lawyers, and staff;
- Communicating to internal and external parties regarding ongoing file management.
- Assists with the full-cycle completion of real estate and commercial deals;
- Ensuring closing documents are prepared, accurately, within applicable timelines;
- Administrative tasks including file openings/closings, expense requisitions, e-filing and hard copy filing;
- Assist other lawyers and staff within the practice group when necessary;
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary Law Clerk Diploma or related discipline;
- 4-6 years of experience as a Legal Assistant with a focus on Financial Services or Real Estate;
- Experience handling complex commercial real estate transactions;
- Experience in financing and real estate;
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail and time-management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced environment, adjusts to changing priorities, and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to work as a team player and independently;
- Efficient self-starter and quick learner;
- Courteous, client-focused and professional attitude;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Legal Industry Software.
COVID-19 Hiring Status
We require all candidates and employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of fully vaccinated status is required prior to the first date of employment. If you require an accommodation based on a medical or religious exemption, please notify Human Resources with your application.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service for our clients and fostering a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation, and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada, and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of a competitive cost of living, easy commutes, and a variety of entertainment and shopping — all the amenities of the big city without the challenges. We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply. We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.